13th International Symposium on Advanced Science and Technology in Experimental Mechanics (13th ISEM'18)
Oct. 30-Nov. 2, 2018, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan (ROC)
This is the official homepage of the 13th International Symposium on Advanced Science and Technology in Experimental Mechanics.
The Symposium will take place at "85 Sky Tower Hotel" in Kaoshiung City, Taiwan, which is located on the center of Kaohsiung City. It takes about 15 minutes by bus or MRT from Kaohsiung International Airport Station. Further information regarding the venue for the meeting can be accessed at: https://www.85sky-tower.com/en
Scope and Topics
Background and Aims
The Japanese Society for Experimental Mechanics (JSEM) was founded in 2001 by reorganizing the former Japan Society for Photoelasticity to extend its covering area of Experimental Mechanics not only to Solid Mechanics but also to various areas of Applied Mechanics such as Fluid Mechanics, Thermal Engineering, Medical Engineering, Biomechanics, Construction and Civil Engineering and so on. The first Symposium was successfully held in Sapporo, Japan (2006) to attain its main purpose of the new establishment. The Symposium was subsequently held in Osaka, Japan (2007), Tainan, Taiwan (2008), Niigata, Japan (2009), Kyoto, Japan (2010), Sendai/Kansai, Japan (2011), Taipei, Taiwan (2012), Sendai, Japan (2013), New Delhi, India (2014), Matsue, Japan (2015), Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam (2016) and Kanazawa City, Japan (2017). The present Symposium aims to promote an exchange of recent and advanced information among scientists and engineers in the wide field of Experimental Mechanics with special focus on Environmental, Medical and Welfare Engineering. The Symposium is also aimed particularly at promoting communication and collaboration between fundamental researchers and those engaged in the development of practical technology in respective areas of Experimental Mechanics.
Abstract submission :
Jun. 12, 2018
Notification of abstract acceptance:
Jun. 26, 2018
Full-length manuscript submission:
Jul. 26, 2018
Notification of full-length manuscript acceptance:
Aug. 30, 2018
Final manuscript due:
Sep. 22, 2018
We welcome papers in the following areas:
(1) Fluid Dynamics
(2) Multiphase Flow
(4) Heat and Mass Transfer
(5) Solid Mechanics / Strength of Materials
(6) Material Engineering
(8) Civil Engineering
(9) Sound and Vibration
(10) Instrumentation and Testing
(11) Visualization and Image Processing, and others
(1) Fluid Machinery
(2) Fluid Flow in Micro- and Nano-scales
(3) Environmental Science and Engineering
(4) Advanced Energy and Power Systems
(5) Combustion Technology
(6) Medical and Welfare Engineering
(7) Biomechanics and Biomaterials
(8) Material Processing
(9) Materials Testing and Fracture Mechanics Evaluation
(10) Non-destructive Testing and Inspection
(11) Optical Methods, Thermal Methods and X-ray Techniques
(12) Transducer and Sensor Design
(13) Safety Engineering, Risk Analysis and Reliability Methods
(14) Smart Materials and Structural Health Monitoring
(15) MEMS and NEMS
(17) Electronic Packaging
(18) Agricultural, Civil Engineering and Science
(19) Engineering Education, and others
Abstract and Paper Submission, Selection and Publication
Abstracts of 300-500 words in English should be submitted online at the Symposium website. The abstracts should contain the following:
- Title of paper.
- Five keywords to describe and categorize the work.
- Name, affiliation, and e-mail address of the author to whom subsequent correspondence should be directed.
- Names and affiliations of co-authors, if any.
- Background, objective, method, main findings and results.The abstracts will be used for preliminary screening and planning for the sessions. Accepted abstracts should be submitted in the form of full-length manuscripts for review. Final acceptance will be based on review of the manuscripts. A bound volume of the abstracts and a piece of CD-ROM proceedings of the full-length papers will be available at the Symposium. Authors are invited to submit their papers to Advanced Experimental Mechanics published by the Japanese Society for Experimental Mechanics. For more detailed information, please visit the JSEM Website (https://www.jsem.jp/journal/aem).
Abstract submission: Jun. 12, 2018
Notification of abstract acceptance: Jun. 26, 2018
Full-length manuscript submission: Jul. 14, 2018
Notification of full-length manuscript acceptance: August 30, 2018
Final manuscript due: September 22, 2018
The Symposium will make plans to exhibit current technologies for instrumentation, diagnosis and products developed by companies, corporations and universities.
For Further Information Contact
Dr. Yao-Nan Wang
Phone: +886-8-774-0191 Fax: +886-8-770-2226
President Office, National Pingtung University of Science &Technology,
No.1, Shuefu Road, Neipu, Pingtung 91201, TAIWAN.
The Japanese Society for Experimental Mechanics (JSEM)
National Pingtung University of Science & Technology (Taiwan)
Air Force Institute of Technology (Taiwan)
National Cheng Kung University (Taiwan)
Supporting Organizations (tentative):
Asian Society of Experimental Mechanics
The Society for Experimental Mechanics, Inc. (USA)
The British Society for Strain Measurement (UK)
The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers